Friends of the Library
Friends of the Georgetown Public Library (FGPL) are a registered 501 (c) (3) organization separate from the Georgetown Public Library. The Friends advocate for the Library and raise funds for programming, book acquisitions, and general support. The Friends hold a yearly meeting in May to elect officers and board members.
Current officers 2016
- Denise Leyh, President
- Jim Hudson, Vice President
- Kelley Short, Secretary
- Rosemary Dawicki, Treasurer
- Judy Davis, Board Member
- Debby Eckrich, Board Member
- Stacy Lawson, Board Member
- Ivan Neal, Board Member
- Cathy Pederson, Board Member
- David Pederson, Board Member
The yearly membership year for FGPL runs from May 1 to April 30 of the following year. Membership forms are available at the library.
Types of memberships include:
Student -- $5 for one year, $20 for 5 years
Individual -- $10 for one year, $40 for 5 years, or $100 for a life membership
Family -- $15 for one year, $50 for 5 years, or $150 for a life membership
Benefactor -- $25 for one year, $75 for 5 years, or $200 for a life membership
Various fundraisers are held throughout the year:
- The Brick Club is $125 for an honor or memorial brick to be placed on the library walkway. Forms are available at the library.
- Book sales are held twice a year.
- The annual 5k race/walk is held in June. Runners and walkers pay an entry fee. Business sponsorships are also available for the race.
- The Fall Gala and Auction is held at the library in October or November