The Georgetown Public Library was established and founded in 1899 by the Georgetown New Century Club. The first library was housed on the second floor of the Lacey Building.
In 1926, the Club moved to West Pine Street and dedicated a separate room for the library. The building on West Pine Street was the culmination of an eleven year dream of the building fund committee. The club had started their building fund with 82 cents that Miss Julia Burton earned from sales of her garden plants.
The West Pine Street building was renovated in the early 1980’s with the library books moved into the large club meeting room and the New Century Club retaining the original library room for their meetings.
On August 4, 2010 a new library building was opened at 123 West Pine Street.